12 Jul Getting Started on Instagram for Business
How To Use Instagram For Business
Billions of people use social media daily. Instagram alone has one billion daily users according to their daily statistics. This fact makes using Instagram for business a great idea, making us ask the question, “how do I use Instagram properly?”
The first thing you need to do is to create an Instagram account for your business. If you already have one, you can skip to the next step. Opening an Instagram account is simple. All you need to do is go to their website or download their free app and register.
Once you’re done, open the app, go to your profile, and tap the hamburger icon (the icon with the three lines) seen on the upper right section of the app, and tap on Settings. From the settings menu, tap on “Account” then scroll down to the bottom of the menu then tap on “Switch to Professional Account.” From there, select the type of business that you want to have then add all the relevant and necessary information needed for your business, and you’re good to go.
This article will show you different business ideas to be advertised on Instagram and how to advertise a small business using the said platform. With that, let’s get started.
Instagram Business Ideas
There are many businesses on Instagram that utilize the platform to their advantage. Here are some business ideas that you can put into practice to maximize your Instagram account:
● Photography – Professional photographers can fully utilize their Instagram account since Instagram is built for photos. Advertising their photos or their models is made easy using Instagram, and they are bound to fetch future clients using this platform.
● Digital products/Online selling – Want to sell your handicrafts? Do you have homemade cakes and cookies that you want to sell? If yes, then Instagram is the right avenue for you. It’s easy to sell products now thanks to Instagram.
● Blogging/Influencers – A lot of bloggers or influencers have used different social media platforms to spread their cause or awareness of certain topics. You can use Instagram to do the same.
● Art/Graphic Design – Showcase your artwork using Instagram. It could be a painting, a digital drawing of your favorite anime or video game character, or even a drawing of pets, you name it. You can have potential clients through the use of Instagram ads.
● Travel/Tourism – For sure, you’ve seen posts about a fancy restaurant situated in a magnificent ocean view. You can use Instagram to promote your business while promoting tourism for your area. It’s hitting two birds with one stone!
● Pet industry – Who doesn’t like a cute dog or cat picture? Different industries revolving around pets such as Veterinary clinics, groomers, or breeders, use Instagram to promote their businesses.
Instagram Small Business
Starting a small business requires you to utilize advertising. This is where Instagram ads come in. Instagram ads are paid content that is labeled as “sponsored.” The ads have specific audiences depending on the algorithm and the poster’s choice and can run for a specified amount of time and audience depending on the amount paid.
To fully utilize Instagram ads for your small business, you need to first decide on what business that you’ll set up. Next, you need to come up with creative and engaging posts that target your potential clients/customers. Enough content should be done within a day or a week to increase your followers.
Manuel Leon is the Creative Director and one of the founding partners of Design106. With a background in graphic design and advertising, Manuel brings passion and an eye for detail to every project he works on. If you want to take advantage of Manual and the entire Design106 team’s expertise within digital marketing and social media, be sure to contact them today to discuss your needs and goals!